Thumb Spica Splint-Salo Orthotics
A Thumb Spica Splint is a type of orthopedic splint used to immobilize the thumb and or wrist while allowing the other digits freedom to move. It is also suitable for post-operative use or after removal of a hand cast.
Thumb Spica splint is used to stabilize and immobilize the MCP and CMC joints, metacarpal bone of the thumb reduces pain in the joints. Molded with thin, lightweight polypropylene. A Thumb Spica is a seamless splint that supports the thumb and limits wrist motion to reduce pain experienced when gripping or pinching.
Feature & Benefits
- Carefully designed to support the thumb and wrist to allow protected hand function.
- Ideal for Gamekeeper and Skier
- This splint is thin enough to be worn comfortably under gloves.
- Useful in Wrist injuries (Ligament instability, sprain or muscle strain) & Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Recommended for those experiencing thumb tendinitis and basal joint arthritis.
- Felt pads are included to provide cushioning where needed.
- Suitable for skin contact, does not absorb perspiration.
- It does not support microorganism growth.
- Washable, odor-free, tough, resilient and lightweight.