Jewett Brace, TLSO Thoracolumbosacral Orthotics
A Jewett Brace is used to correct the lateral curve of the spine in mild scoliosis. Recommended to patients for correcting spinal curves whose apex is at or below the eighth thoracic vertebra.
A Jewett Brace or TLSO Thoracolumbosacral orthosis is one of the two main types of braces used to correct the lateral (sideways) curve of the spine in scoliosis. Patients can wear this brace to correct spinal curves whose apex is at or below the eighth thoracic vertebra. The TLSO is an underarm brace, which means that it fits under the arm and around the rib cage, lower back, and hips.
Features & Benefits
- Used in Post-operative, post-traumatic, or chronic spinal pathology.
- Used in cases of compression fractures.
- For severe degenerative disc disease that causes Kyphosis.
- It provides Hyperextension Posture, restricts the lateral and rotary movement due to lumber Lordosis.
- It fits under the arm and around the rib case, lower back and hips.
- Our Jewett brace design creates a 3-point force system consisting of a posteriorly directed force from the sternal and pubic pads, and an anteriorly directed force from the thoracolumbar pad.
- Rigid anterior and Posterior panels.
- Restrict forward flexion and trunk rotation.
- Easily adjusted to the desired height, with lock screw for patient safety and compliance.
- Duel Lacer Compression panels provide secure fit and optimal circumferential compression.
- Single quick-release hook and loop strap closer allows easy locking and unlocking.
- Open and ventilated TLSO brace which allows heat to escape for added patient comfort.
- Used in cases of Koch’s disease and compression fractures.
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing.
Large, Medium, Small, XL