Elbow Extension Splint (Universal)
An Elbow Brace is designed to be used in the injury caused when an elbow joint is forced backwards beyond its normal range of motion, resulting in damage to the soft tissues in the joint. Three point pressure pads articulate with each other to form the elbow extension and support joints, keeping them in position and, in some cases, limiting excessive movement.
Splint or Braces can also serve as initial immobilization in the pre operative period or can immobilize an injury for primary healing. An Elbow Splint is primarily used to provide protection, rest to the elbow joint and surrounding soft tissues. Splint Relieves elbow contracture in patients with paralysis or significantly unbalanced muscle strength. Used to maintain joint in extension post-injury.
A proper use of an elbow brace reduces pain and improves grip strength for the majority of tennis elbow or golfers elbow sufferers. There are two types of splint, Static and Dynamic. A Static elbow splint splint which does not allow the elbow to move. This is typically used for short periods of time after surgery to immobilize the elbow. It can also be used after a fracture. Dynamic Splint and this can take many forms. Typically there is a hinge at the elbow which allows bending and straightening of the joint but it can also be locked in a bent or straight position.
Features & Benefits
- Does not allow the elbow to move.
- The brace is designed to be used in the injury caused when an elbow joint is forced backward beyond its normal range of motion.
- Applies dynamic low-loaded force to increase elbow extension or flexion.
- Can be used to maintain the elbow joint in extension position post-injury.
- Used to increase elbow extension with a three-point pressure system.
- This is typically used for short periods of time after surgery to immobilize the elbow
Material of Product
This product has made from Velcro Straps, Fabric, Ethafoam and Polypropylene.
This Elbow Extension Splint is available in universal size.