Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO) Articulated Type-Salo Orthotics
Articulated Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO) are common devices fabricated at Sterling Surgical. Quite often prescribed for musculoskeletal issues due to Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Spina Bifida or Drop foot. Designed with hinges to allow range of motion, or can vary from flexible to stiff depending on the condition.
Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO) Articulated Type Uses & Benefits
Useful in Varus or Valgus correction.
Manages abnormal motion or severe Pronation in the transverse and frontal planes.
Useful in Genu recurvatum
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Provides support to ankle foot complex in coronal plane and positions patient’s foot in dorsi flexion during swing while allowing tibial progression during stance.
- For support and stabilization of the talocalcaneal, mid-tarsal and subtalar joints.
- Manages abnormal motion or severe pronation in the transverse and frontal planes.
- Stabilizes the ankle area medially, laterally and reduces either forefoot abduction or adduction.
- Useful in Varus, Valgus and Genu recurvatum correction.
- Promotes normal bio-mechanics.
- Does not support micro organism growth.
- Washable, odour free, tough, resilient and light weight.
- Designed for right or left foot use.
No. 0(4"), No. 1(5"), No. 10(10"), No. 11(11"), No. 2(5.5"), No. 3(6"), No. 4(6.5"), No. 5(7.25"), No. 6(7.75"), No. 7(8"), No. 8(8.5"), No. 9(9")